Pre-K and Kindergarten
Last week we continued our unit on orchestra families. We listened to many instruments and were able to actually see and touch a flute and a clarinet. It was fun to place the instrument and sound to the characters in "Peter and The Wolf". This week we will be playing a game categorizing the instruments into their orchestra families and begin singing our Christmas songs for the Christmas program. We also will be playing percussion instruments!
1st - 5th Grade
We worked very hard on learning our new song for the Christmas program, "Silent Night" in English and in Spanish! This was so much fun and the students really have done a wonderful job. I have heard some wonderful singing in the hall and in the classrooms as they practice the songs with their teachers. They are sounding amazing and I am so proud of them! I reminded the students to practice at home every day each song. This will help them memorize the lyrics and melodies quickly. The songs are uploaded onto digital locker in Teacher Ease. Please download them and print them out. It is a great opportunity to sing along too!
This week we will be continuing our unit on orchestra families with interactive activities on the white board. We will also be working on our Christmas songs. I am looking forward to another great week.
6th Grade
What an awesome week for 6th grade! We had auditions for the solo in "Mary Did You Know". I was so proud and surprised by all the wonderful voices. They were awesome. It was a VERY hard decision, but the 1st verse went to Katie Morales and the 2nd verse will be sung by Kaitlynn Ihlefeldt and Owen Nelson. Students also shared "Dona Nobis Pacem" with Sister Mary on Friday. It was beautiful! She was so impressed and thought it would be fun for them to sing it in Mass. What a blessing! We will continue to practice our songs this week. All the students will receive a CD with the accompaniment to "Mary Did You Know" on it. This will help them practice at home as well. It is going to be a great week and I am looking forward to their beautiful voices.
7th Grade
Last week we were able to get a little further into the Christmas play during rehearsal. The students are working on memorizing their lines by the October 30th deadline. I think they are really doing a wonderful job and it is fun to watch the development of their characters. This week the students will continue to practice the play with focus on exaggeration of the characters. We have a shortened week and a shortened class time on Wednesday as well. Students need to come prepared to perform.
8th Grade
This last week was a great rehearsal! This has been such a wonderful blessing to watch these students bring life to these characters. I am so very proud of how each person has made their character their own and really stepped up to help and make this a fantastic experience. I am so excited for them to share it with everyone on February 22nd. This week we will be practicing Act One, Scene One to see how many students have memorized their lines by the Wednesday deadline. We will also try to master more of the stage directions within that scene.